Clearly if you are hosting a baby shower then you need invitations. Baby shower postcard invitations are a cute way to get the word out, and they’re even easier to send out than the traditional kind, seeing as how you don’t have to stuff and lick envelopes! (Nobody wants to do that.) The postcard design has been trending for a while, and they really do make sense. It’s like killing 2 birds with one stone – they’re cute, simple and they make life easier. It doesn’t get better than that.
Baby Shower Postcard Invitations – Where Do You Get Them?
There’s not one best place to buy the postcard style invitation for baby showers, but there are a few different routes you can take.
You can pop into most stores that sell party favors and find some (although you might have a limited amount of choices).
You can also shop online to find unique postcard invitations. There are a lot of online companies who specialize in those sort of things. You can easily perform an online search – type in “baby shower postcard invitations” and just see how many choices show up. You can find some very cute and original ideas out there. It may not be the least expensive of the options, but at least you can check it off your checklist and call it good!
Another idea is to make your own. You don’t need a special program to make some cute invitation designs – just a little time and the desire. you can do a lot with Microsoft Word. Making your own postcard invitations can be very rewarding if you have a particular theme you want to stick with. Just remember you’ll need card stock paper to keep the postcard feel. This option may not end up being much cheaper than buying them.
Baby shower invitations are going to be the first impression your guests have of the baby shower, and they will most likely be the first memory the mother-to-be will have of her special day.
A Few Key Things to Keep in Mind When it Comes to Baby Shower Invitations in General:
- Make sure you have enough to send out to all of the guests on the invitation list
- Make sure you keep one for the mother-to-be. She will most likely want to save one for a keepsake (If she doesn’t ask you for one, give her one anyway – she’ll thank you for it later)
- You don’t have to spend a ton of money on them – they are to serve a purpose and will most likely be thrown out (or have coffee spilled on them at some point)
- Make sure you get the appropriate design – girl for girl, boy for boy (I know, this one seems obvious, but you’d be surprised at how often this can get overlooked)
- Try to keep the theme similar – invitations, decorations, plates, napkins etc. (They don’t have to be exact matches – just try to keep the eye candy, and not the eye soar)
- Get the invitations out with plenty of time for your guests to plan their attendance
Whether you go with the baby shower postcard invitation or the traditional kind, the most important thing is that the mother-to-be has a special day, and it’s every thing she could ask for. The invitation isn’t what makes or breaks the event – it’s the company she spends it with.
(If you found this post helpful, please share it with the buttons to your left or below so others can enjoy it as well!)
Happy Baby Showering!
*To get free baby shower games, visit our home page!