Wondering what kind of baby shower to host for girls in this day in age? The recent years have brought a lot of different styles, and over the years baby showers have evolved from the more traditional to more modern.
- Winnie the Pooh theme
- Blue and Yellow Stork theme
- Baby Buggy Theme (you know the one…a little blue or white pram)
- Pacifier, Bottle, Balloon theme (matching table clothes, napkins, plates, etc.)
Girl Baby Showers
As mentioned in a previous posting about baby shower themes for boys, the years seem to have brought baby showers more of a modern and classy design, rather than the traditional pink and purple bottles and pacifier decorations.
The Safari theme has taken off in popularity, really for both girls and boys. It adds a modification to the traditional baby decor, but yet still keeping tradition. The image to the side is an example of this.
Another example of a more modern baby shower theme is the cake. Rather than the traditional sheet cake, more and more baby shower hostesses are opting for a cute and fun cake. Here’s an example:It still has the traditional girl colors, but using the Safari animals and patterned print gives it the twist on tradition.
When deciding on a theme for a baby shower, the most important thing to remember is the mother. Think about her, and her style, and what SHE would like. It is after all, all about her.
Theme Ideas for Girls
- Green and Pink Polka Dots – This is a fun one! The polka dots can be varied sizes, and you can use solid colors to compliment the design.
- Baby Booties – Yep. You can buy baby booties, or knit them for table decorations, and the best part is the mother gets to keep them for her precious baby girl when the shower is over.
- Make the theme about the baby’s mother – Who says it has to be about the baby? She’s the one doing all he work! Use her favorite colors or decoration ideas.)
- Baby Footprints – this kind of goes along with traditional, but still a very modern theme.
- No Theme – who says you have to? As long as the decorations are nice, and the atmosphere and ambiance are stellar, there is no need to make it a baby theme.
No matter what theme you decide on for the special occasion, just remember it’s about the mother to be, and she will be happy with it no matter what. YOUR job is to make her feel special and get her excited about her new upcoming bundle of joy! There is no better way to make a mother-to-be realize… it’s REAL.
*To get free baby shower games, visit our home page.
Happy Baby Showering!
(If you found this post helpful, please share it with the buttons to your left so others can enjoy it as well!)