Baby Tunes Trivia (or Name that Baby Tune, if you prefer!) is such a great game to play at baby showers. It’s simple and fun, and because it’s played with music, it adds a special touch that really helps the guests to get in the baby spirit of things. Let’s face it…music can bring out the best in us all sometimes!
- Enough pens and paper for each guest to have one
- 10-15 different songs with the word “Baby” or “Babe” in the title.
(See below for examples of songs.)
Tip:Create a playlist on your smartphone so you have all of the songs in the order you want to play them. Or… you could do it the old fashioned way and burn a CD with the songs. Just don’t forget a CD player if you choose the CD!
- Prize for the winner
1.) Give each guest a pen and paper and explain the rules. The guests must “Name that Tune” – they must write down the name of each song as they are played.
2.) Play about 10 seconds of each song, and have the guests write down their answers. Tip: If you have to play more or less of a song, that’s okay. The rules are only meant as a guideline for you to start with.
3.) The person with the most correct answers at the end is the winner and gets a prize! A great idea for a prize for this game is a burned copy of the playlist. You can personalize the CD disc and make it all fancy and stuff, like you see in the picture above.
Songs With Baby or Babe in the Title:
- Hit Me Baby One More Time, Britany Spears
- I Got You Babe, Sonny and Cher
- Baby I Need Your Lovin, Four Tops
- Always Be My Baby, Mariah Carey
- Baby, Justin Beiber
- Don’t Worry Baby, Beach Boys
- Come On Over Baby, Christina Aguilera
- Baby Please Don’t Go, Chicago
- Baby’s Coming Back, Jellyfish
- Baby Love, Diana Ross and the Supremes
- Baby Got Back, Sir Mix-a-Lot
- Baby-Baby-Baby, TLC
- Baby It’s Cold Outside, Ray Charles and Betty Carter
- There Goes My Baby, The Drifters
- Baby Girl, Sugarland
- Tell Me Baby, Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Baby, Baby, Amy Grant
- Ice Ice Baby, Vanilla Ice
Mix it up with some old and new songs, country and pop songs…the chances are high you will have a variety of age groups at your baby shower, so you don’t want to tip the scales in favor too much for one generation.
Baby Tunes Trivia is such a fun baby shower game to play! Don’t be surprised if you get non stop laughing and possibly even some dancing (hopefully they stay in their seats!)
*To get more free baby shower games, visit our home page.
Happy Baby Showering!
(If you found this post helpful, please share it with the buttons below so others can enjoy it as well!)