When it comes to hosting a shower, you have quite a few options of where to have it. One of the first instincts many people have is to just host it at their own home. This is honestly one of the most popular choices, because there seems to be more of a comfort level hosting a party where you’re comfortable. There are some pro’s and con’s of hosting a baby shower at your home. See below:
Pro’s of Hosting a Baby Shower at Your House
- If it’s at your house, you don’t have to do research on finding a venue. It saves you time if you don’t know where else to have it. Unless of course you have a party room available, such as a recreation center or something of that sort that you’re a member of and already have access to one.
- It saves you money. In most cases, renting out a party room will require at very minimum a deposit. Whether the deposit is refundable is another question. Most room rentals charge by the hour. You may even have to rent tables and chairs.
- You are comfortable in your own home, and you may “work” better under conditions that you are comfortable with.
- You don’t have to travel.
- You don’t have any restrictions on decorations (yes, some party rental rooms have strict rules you must follow.)
- You don’t have to be “out” by a certain time, and clean up is completely at your convenience. Heck, if you don’t want to clean up after the shower until tomorrow, you don’t have to!
Some Reasons You May NOT Want to Have it at Your Own Home
- If you have a large guest list, it may be easier to accommodate it in a party room.
- You don’t want to have to clean your house for the event. Totally understandable.
- If you live far away from most of the guest list, it may be easier to have the shower in a more central location.
- Having a set time for the shower can actually be a nice thing – you don’t run the risk of guests “over staying”.
There is no right or wrong place to host a baby shower. Do what feels comfortable for you, and the mommy to be. No matter where you decide to host the baby shower, the most important thing is you have enough seating for your guests. If you do it at your home, you can certainly bring in additional seating choices if needed. Having a baby shower outside on a patio can also be a very nice place. Another tip – don’t forget to put the address of the shower on the invitations!
(If you found this post helpful, please share it with the buttons to your left or below so others can enjoy it as well!)
Happy Baby Showering!
*To get free baby shower games, visit our welcome page!
We have other great ideas for baby showers, including food and drink ideas, and other helpful planning tips throughout the site! Go ahead and browse.